Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mission Statement

Okay, so I made this blog for a couple of reasons, first, I think it'll be sweet to have a place to put down my opinions on the things I love to do, second, I'm not going to school this fall, so this might be a way for me to keep my mind occupied, and finally, Jay said I should. With that said, these are the things you should know about what will show up here:

1. A lot of typos. I'm a horrible speller, and my grammar is questionable at best.

2. My predictions about sports. This will be mostly on Ultimate, but I think the NBA will make an appearance or two.

3. My opinions about music. I like writing about music, and I don't know how good I am at it, but I'll give it a shot.

4. Some everyday boringness. I like reading about what my friends are up to, maybe you guys will appreciate reading about what I'm doing.

So, with all that out of the way, here is where I'm at in life right now:

I'm living at home after having recently graduated from college. I think it's both good for my parents and myself, also, if and when I get a job, living at home will allow me to maybe save some money while paying off loans and things like that. For the current club ultimate season I'm playing coed with a Santa Cruz team called Family Style (FS). As a young guy who wants to play 'elite', I'm lucky to have a team like FS to play with because it isn't a team with a lot of carrier co-ed players. I really like my teammates, and I'm fortunate to be able to play with and learn from veterans who've played top level open and womens.

Also, my iPod was recently stolen at a party. As such, I've had to make do with my mom's Shuffle for my car music. Although it's a bummer to have lost all my playlists and the random songs I've gotten from friends over the years, not having my iPod has made me focus on music a little bit more. I'm actively seeking it out, and really thinking about what I want on the little 1 GB shuffle.

So, that's kind of where I'm at in general. Word.

1 comment:

Jay Schulkin said...

Yes! I am excited to
1. read about your thoughts about elite ultimate, and strategies
2. be reminded to listen to my 90's hip-hop
and
3. to read your hilarious typos!