Monday, September 10, 2007

Life Update

I got a MacBook Pro. It's awesome. I love it. The only thing is I'm having problems with the iSight camera thing, apple store, here I come. Along with this new toy I got one on the new iPod classics (the thin 80 gig one). My only complaint is that I wish they still made them in white. It'll be nice to have a music library for my car again, although I'll need to make new playlists.

In retrospect, I'd say using the iPod shuffle did good things for my musical horizons. It really made me realize how much I don't listen to good music by some of my favorite groups like The Roots, De La Soul, J-Live, and Zion I, and it helped me realize a couple of sweet things about hip-hop. Fist, if you shout out Slick Rick in your song, it'll probably be great (see "Mellow My Man", "1nce Again", "Grindin'" "It's Like That" from The Grind Date), and second, that J-Live is like three great tracks away from me being able to make a sweet greatest hits style playlist (right now I'd go with "Wax Paper", "Braggin' Writes" (the original, not the one with the retarded kermit voice thing), "Them That's Not", "The Best Part", "Satisfied", "Like This Anna", "Do That Shit", and "All Of The Above" (mosty because he shouts out Optimus Prime)).

Now I have to go and upload all my music to my new iPod and make those new playlists.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Congratulations on the Apple purchase. It's good shit, man.

And have I mentioned that your site URL sounds like a top tier Potlatch team name:
JoaqThoughtBlogSpot