Wednesday, November 21, 2007

State of the Blog

Moving from the club season to the college season, I find that it's harder to write about my team. With Family Style, I knew most, if not all, of my readers were not my opponents, and I feel like writing about club ultimate is not as personal. If I was with the Braineaters, I think I'd feel better about writing about the college season; but as a player on a new team, I don't feel like it fits my role to keep a blog about our play. I might still write about how I played, and I'll probably give a mid season report and such, but if I write about ultimate, it'll usually be about how Claremont gets no respect (well, I'm learning they get a little bit of respect, but I still say not enough!).

I can say I really like the Slugs. I'm finding a role I enjoy (even if I go back to being around the disc) and I'm having lots of fun. There might not be a week long trip to Mexico for fish tacos, Pacifico and a lac of working out right before the series, but it's still fun. I'll also say it's different not being in a leadership role on a college team, but I like being one of the players. I like getting to hear what everyone has to say about the captains, and I like not running practices. I also like having enough committed people and field space for separate A team and B team practices.

So I guess my Blog won't be as much about college ultimate as I initially anticipated it might be, but I will write about things like Lei-Out, Beach Worlds and club tryouts. Also, I've found I just enjoy writing, so it might be hard to resist the everyday life non-ultimate sort of things.

2 comments:

Jay Schulkin said...

yeah, that's why I don't have a blog

Drew said...

I like life stories! Keep up the writing, whatever the subject.