Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Quick Update (and thoughts on tonights Warriors game)

I've been plaining posting about Music, what I'm listening to and the art of making playlists (one of my favorite thing), but it's taking longer than I would like to motivate myself to write it. So, to at least get myself writing, here's a quick update about my ultimate life.

My club season hangover has finally worn off and I'm really feeling college disc again. We had a great practice last weekend and I finally felt comfortable as a teammate. Now it looks like I might be moving to O instead of staying with the D line. O has the potential to be a ton of fun, but I think it takes more chemistry than D does, or, more accurately, the chemistry O requires is harder to build. Also, it's easier to heckle as a D player than as an O player (calling your teammates brutes just isn't as fun as calling them prima-donnas). Either way I'll be happy, I just want to figure out my role soon.

In other news, I've also started a regimented workout, finally. Starting last week I've been working out before climbing on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Basically, I'm doing a winter workout day two, except climbing for an hour or two between the jumps and the core. It's pretty fun, and it's getting my ass in (better) shape before Brazil.

EDIT (this doesn't warrant a full post, but I want to put is somewhere, so here it goes): The Warriors win tonight was so awesome. If you don't know, the Warriors beet the Kings tonight 103-96, despite shooting 8-31 from three and having each of the teams three captains pick up a technical foul. In any of the seasons since I've been a Warriors fan, including last season, this would have turned into a big loss somewhere in the 2nd half, probably when either Baron or Jax picked up their tech. Basically, I was expecting them to loose because the Warriors have never really known how to win before, they've just been mentally week. That was also true of this team early in the season, but it's all changed since Stephen Jackson came back from suspention. The Warriors now have a swagger and mental toughness to them that's just a joy to watch. Seeing Jackson make back to back triples when the team had only made 6 of 29 to that point really drove it home that this year's Warriors team expects to and knows how to win. Also, the Warriors' D in the 4th was inspired and this is the first time I've seem them both be a high scoring team, and a good defensive team. Anyway, I'm trying not to get to excited about this recent spurt, because every team has it's ups and downs, but, needles to say, I'm really hyped on this year's team. GO WARRIORS!

10 comments:

808 said...

O is boring, trust me. Get out while you still can.

See you Sat man.

Jay Schulkin said...

just thought you should know that the instructor listed for ultimate frisbee club next semester is Nagle, J. Also, I can't believe you linked to the forum, now I'll never get a job

Joaq said...

Haha. Jay, I can take down the link to the forum when you graduate, or at least when you start applying, just let me know :-). In other news, I'll forward the instructor stuff to you and Anna when the time comes (should I put this whole instructor thing on my resume?).

Drew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drew said...

It's too late, Jay: the forum is already well indexed by Google.

Try this search.

Jay Schulkin said...

well then at least I'm famous.
Being an instructor at a top liberal arts college sure seems prestigious to me.

Anna said...

haha...i agree with jugs. i bet it looks great on the resume.

Jay Schulkin said...

all the ultimate blogs i read are stagnant right now. boo.

Drew said...

Fans want a Brazil synopsis!
And, sorry, Jay, I haven't had any Ultimate writing lately. Not that I'd consider my blog an "Ultimate blog."

Joaq said...

Yeah, I'm working on the Brazil thing, maybe something like the roadtrip thing, but I can't promise as much detail.