Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lifting

I lifted for the first time in a long time about a week ago. Anyway, I remembered how fun it was. Anyway, I did some easy lifting today after playing a round of disc golf with some friends. So, as a tribute to all of those who post their workouts, here was mine today (I'm also just trying to be a good blogger, look at me!).

Warmup (10 min run, stretch)

Lift:
Bench (3 x 10 @ 100 lbs.)
Lat Press (3 x 10 @ 70 lbs.)
Lat Pull-down (3 x 10 @ 70 lbs.)
Curls (20 per arm @ 20 lbs.)
Leg Press (3 x 10 @ 155 lbs.)
Calf Raises (3 x 50 @ 90 lbs.)
Hamstring Curls (3 x 8 @ 60 lbs.)

Core (all tups done on an incline bench holding a 6 kg med ball, all pushups done with feet on a yoga ball):
(30 situps, 20 pushups) x 2
(20 twist situps, 15 pushups arms wide) x 2
(15 situp then twist side to side, 10 diamond pushups) x 2
lower back thing with 10 lb wait (20)

Shits and giggles:
Campus pullups x 10 (The gym where I workout is the climbing gym I work at. Anyway there is this chinup bar that has another chinup bar a foot and a half above it and maybe 6 inches out. Well, do a pullup on the lower bar and explode to grab the upper bar with both hands, then go down with both. It's fun.)

Anyway, I didn't really push myself on the lifting front, I guess I'm just building a bit of a base. I'll probably do this again later this week, then go a little harder next week. The best part of lifting today was the shower-sauna-shower combo I got in. Word.

4 comments:

Casras9 said...

http://casrasultimate.blogspot.com/

figured it had to happen sometime... whats a frisbee tool without a blog

i stole your post idea... you should try this routine... the hard biceps kill you.

im posting the legs in about week, hopefully ill be able to leift legs by then. stupid IT band
peace

808 said...

Vote for Joaq.

No rickroll plzkthx.

Anna said...

"didn't really push myself"? did you READ what you wrote?

i hate you. :P

also, shower-sauna-shower....sounds nice.

Jay Schulkin said...

Bob totally scooped you on Solstice pools...what's the deal, cap'n?