Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lei-Out

What can I say about Lei-Out besides the fact that I love it. I mean, I love all of it. I love the people who organize it, and the people that attend it. Lei-Out will always be one of my favorite tournaments.

I think going to three days this year was a worthy experiment. Three days makes the tournament more worth the time to east coasters, and it allows for more games without all the soreness usually associated with beach. Also, I love going to player fees and lifting the roster cap. I guess the only other thing I would want is a second party, that'd really set it off for me (yeah I know, higher player fee, but come on, $50 wouldn't be unreasonable). I'm sure Drew will set up some sort of polling to determine where to go with the tournament next year. I think Lei-Out is definitely in the top tear of tournaments for both competition and fun.

As for my team this year, I loved that we all managed to stay in one hotel room. I think we had 12 people in the room, (don't worry, there were three beds). Basically it really added to the whole team chemistry thing, and was a great way to reconnect with everyone. I like that Lei-Out is the first time everyone sees each other for like a month because of winter break (and longer for both the alums and the kids who were abroad). Anyway, Lei-out was my first US tournament since Sean Ryan, so seeing everyone (not just my teammates) was extra special. Just thinking back on it makes me hunger to play again.

11 comments:

Anna said...

it helped that all 12 people in the room were excited about snuggling.

808 said...

Somehow we got a bid to the Invite.

LPC-haters, assemble!

I will be rooting for your boys this weekend though. Fuck UW.

Anonymous said...

Bob, are you kidding? Dude. Just seriously, dude. Why did they hold out on that for so long building the suspense, cultimate is lame. Sorry I said it, they didn't respond to us, they're lame.

About the post, I thought 3-day Lei-Out was awesome. Great weather helped and hanging with you was great too.
-Shy

808 said...

Sorry, Shy. I found out last week but decided to go through and post my preview anyway. But yeah, I agree that Cultimate hasn't been on the ball in terms of communication with teams and bids.

I will be rooting for Orange though. I'll have a beer ready for you when you crush UW in the finals.

Anonymous said...

Deal. I'll be there.

Shy

Drew said...

Strong work on the last Brazil post, and thanks for the Lei-Out-Shout-Out. We loved this year and I'm already way stoked for the next one.

Talk to you soon, buddy!

808 said...

And Cultimate drops the ball yet again. This time with seedings for this weekend.

There is no way Orange should be playing Purple anytime before the finals.

Jay Schulkin said...

yeah man, how bout that?

Jenga said...

Yo, are you with us next year? Or you gonna go play DTB if they'll have you?

~Jenga

Jay Schulkin said...

are we gonna get a qualifier post?

The Pulse said...

A little late but:

Florida dropped out at the last minute, and we went through a series of teams to try to fill the last bid. At the end we were waiting to hear from Illinois to see if they could get a couple more people to commit, and LPC was our next choice. When Illinois couldn't make it, we told LPC.

We probably should have mentioned it earlier, but was there any chance that LPC would turn it down?

Also, now with LPC and Claremont getting 5th and 8th, can Western stop complaining about not getting a bid?