Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Holidays

Happy holidays everyone. The Brazil posts might be on hold for a day or two because of holiday festivities. I just wanted to post about the best holiday gift I've gotten. Well, I got myself two new pairs of cleats, a pair of Nike Mercurial Vapor III FG (I loved these cleats last time I had them, this time I got $70 off with the sale and $20 off with the over $100 purchase coupon, also, they weigh 8 o.z.) and a pair of Puma v1.06 SG ($110 off sale, they weigh 7.4 o.z., I guess now all I'm missing is a pair of turf shoes), but those weren't my favorite gifts.

The best gift I got this holiday season was my flick. For about a year I haven't been comfortable throwing flicks, and somehow that all changed in Brazil. In fact, I remember the exact moment it felt better, it was while I was tossing before warming up for the finals. Ever since I injured my right hand in November '06 my flick hasn't felt right. After the injury I took a month of from throwing forehands (that's when I learned to throw a lefty backhand), but when I started throwing again my grip was awkward, and I couldn't really settle on a comfortable way to throw. Anyway, it's all finally coming back to me and I no longer have to think really hard just to throw a flick while tossing. Man, this is awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good. Always a beautiful thing to have. I feel like I've lost my hucks. I can't seem to consistently throw well in tossing, but in games I seem to get the job done. I managed to break my thumb at Sandwich day and I have yet to recover since, my grip is different, my arm motion is different. Frankly, it's really pissing me off.

-Shy

DLK said...

once you said you weren't going to post about the Slugs i figured i'd do the same..

ok, forget it. i put a post up just for you.

happy new years buddy. can't wait to hit the field with your curly head.